Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tip Tuesday

Here are a few reminders on ways to save money on your Groceries!!

Don't Waste Leftovers!!!

Have a list on your fridge as to what leftovers are in there.  Even in my TINY fridge, they still get lost or I forget about them and then they're gone forever!  On your Meal Plan, plan a Leftover Night, or two, so you're sure to eat them all.  Or, pack them immediately for lunch the next day.  I do this often with Mark's lunches and it really saves money in the long run!

Buy Frozen Veggies

While fresh veggies seem to taste best and are a little better, did you know there's not much nutritional and taste difference?   And, since you can keep them in the freezer, they rarely go bad.  We love buying and eating fresh veggies, but they often go bad and I kick myself for not using them up more quickly!!

Stack your Coupons!!

I've already mentioned this a few times, but a good reminder never hurts!! Remember that you can stack a STORE coupon with a MANUFACTURER'S coupon!!  The two stores that I frequent the most, Safeway and Albertsons, have been recently coming out with some awesome store coupons and I can often match all of them up with a manufacturer's coupon that I already have and get items for under $1!!  I recently got 6 boxes of Raisin Bran at Albertson's for .17 cents a box!!!  Always look for ways to STACK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment