Monday, January 18, 2010

Pantry Challenge: Week 2 Done....On to the next!



Sooooooo, the Pantry Challenge is going great........the sticking-to-the-menu-plan:  not so much.

My grand plan of making a month-long menu plan seemed like a great idea at the time, although, I'm not sure I thought it through as well as I should have.  It was only week 2 of the month-long plan, last week, but, we only stuck to 3 of the 7 meals planned!!  Yikes!!  That being said, though, we didn't spend any extra money on eating out, and we still ate from the pantry/freezer---just not what I had planned!!  Life sometimes gets in the way of plans, so we just rolled with it.  No one went hungry, so that's always a good thing!!

I still wholeheartedly believe in Meal Planning.  There are just gonna be those days when all you can muster is the strength to stick in a frozen pizza, or have some cold cereal and toast---and call it good!  :-)

Our goal of spending $100 this month on groceries looks like it might be a reality.....hopefully!!

Last week, we spent: $29.05

This week, we spent:  $39.94

Total:  $68.99

14 days left in the challenge and $31.01 left!  A little less to spend these next two weeks, but I'm hopeful that I can make it happen!

I truly believe that we don't have to go back to our $400/month budget for groceries.  Not sure we can stay at $100 each month, but I'm going to seriously reconsider our goal and shoot for something in between!!

So, now, on to our Menu Plan for the week---(A tiny bit revised!):

Monday 1/18Crock Pot Ragout, (I'm going to make this one with slices of hot dogs, potatoes, corn, carrots, and green beans) Jello Salad, homemade Buttery Rolls (freezer)

Tuesday 1/19Honey Baked Chicken, White Rice (make extra), Veggie

Wednesday 1/20Crockpot Fried Rice with Chicken (Using last night’s leftover Rice), Peanut Butter Noodles


Thursday 1/21 Italian Beef Sandwiches, homemade oven fries, Fruit Salad

Friday 1/22:  Shredded Beef (from the freezer) Soft Tacos with homemade Guacamole

Saturday 1/23:  Meatloaf (freezer), Mashed Potatoes (freezer), Cream-style Corn

For more menu planning inspiration, check out I'm an Organizing Junkie!

Have a great Week 3 of Eating from the Pantry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment