Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just Say No.........to rice.

I thought I would be smart and creative and turn the kids' water table into a sensory table----using rice.  We bought the huge bag of rice at Costco, we strategically placed the table in an area of all wood floors for "easy" clean-up, and went to town finding tools, scoops and accessories to aid in the fun!  Contrary to what the schedule shows below, they definitely have "free time" to play, and they ALWAYS go for the rice table!!  At first, all was well.....sure, rice got onto the floor.....and other places, but they were having so much fun with it, that I just conceded to the fact that I would just have to sweep it up in the evenings and dump it back in.  Easy as that, right???

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

"WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!?"

Rice is EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME!!!!  I find myself sweeping it up 10-15 times a day!!  Oh, the madness!!  I am also finding it in the most unusual places!!!  In my closet, in my shoes, in my bed, down the kids' clothes....in their diapers!!!  I don't think I can go on with a "ricey" house, anymore.  It's time to let go and dump it.

So, the moral of the story is:  If you're ever planning on having a sensory table inside.....well.........put it outside!!!!!  :-)

1 comment: