Sunday, February 21, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Oh, how I LOVED working/playing in the yard with my family on such a fine, delightful, sunshiny day!!!

We pretty much spent the whole day outside, today, and, boy, was it ever great!!!  We have quite a huge yard/garden and LOTS, LOTS, LOTS to do, so having an unexpected, beautiful, sunny day in February was much appreciated!!  The kids played and played and got dirty, dirty!!  I had fun whacking down some bushes and pruning some apple trees while Mark rota-tilled the dahlias and veggie gardens and mowed our entire yard.  It was so beautiful being outside together!!  And soooo beautiful getting so much done!!!

Saturday we ran lots of errands and spent the day shopping together.  One of our stops was Costco, which, we only do about once every 3 months, and stocked up on all our essentials.  One "essential" I bought this time, which I haven't done before, was a 25-lb bag of pinto beans.  I have been researching pinto bean and their prices, and found that Costco's price is right up there with the best:  it breaks down to be, about, .59 cents a pound, which, is pretty excellent.  I've been loving making my own re-fried beans and have wanted to try many more recipes with beans.  Beans are super healthy and super frugal, so I thought it'd be worth it to buy my beans in bulk!

Tonight I made a really amazingly simple, yet, delicious meal:

Beans and Cornbread




[caption id="attachment_2233" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Photo courtesy of Ree Drummond--The Pioneer Woman"][/caption]

HERE is the delicious recipe.

We loved it, the kids loved it, so healthy and hearty----ooooh, and that cornbread is to die for!!!  YUMMY!!

Here's what I have planned for dinner for this week:

Monday:  Grilled Steaks, Baked Potatoes, Corn

Tuesday:  Baked Teriyaki Chicken, Steamed Rice, Steamed Broccoli

Wednesday:  Veggie and Cheese Omelets, Bacon, Toast, Fruit

Thursday:  Chicken Delight (freezer), Raspberry Muffins (freezer), Green Beans

Friday:  Roast Pork Panini Sandwiches, Chips, Pasta Salad, Fruit

For more Menu Planning Inspiration, check out ORGANIZING JUNKIE

No comments:

Post a Comment