Here's what we accomplished yesterday:
- Taco Meat x6 (We used part of the meat at lunch on Nachos!)
- Chili--4 containers
- Spaghetti Sauce--4 containers
- 12 1bs chicken---shredded
- Chicken stock made (not pictured, but we got 2 jars made)
- 3 lbs of meatballs
- 8 lbs of bananas chopped
And, not only that, but, Mark had to run a few errands, and he saw that the AMAZING ground beef clearance was STILL ON at Safeway, but this time, it was only 28 cents/pound!!!! He bought TWENTY more pounds of ground beef for only: $5.60!!!!! But, hello!!! We had twenty pounds from the day before, added to the twenty pounds he just bought---and if you add that to the 30 pounds we already have in the freezer.......YIKES!! 70 pounds of ground beef! I'd say we're set for awhile........a......looooonnnnng......while.
So, Mark took about 8 lbs of the meat, seasoned it, and made pre-formed hamburger patties--30 to be exact! And, we sectioned out the other 12 pounds into 1 lb sections and put them in individual ziplocs. I still have TONS of ground beef in the fridge to, either, do something with, or freeze as is.
WHEW!! We're in ground beef heaven............
So, here's what's on the agenda today:
- 2 Chicken Delight Casseroles (I'll post the recipe tomorrow)
- Boil and shred 12 more pounds of bone-in-chicken
- Make Chicken stock
- Do something with all that meat!!!