Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Natural Living---Vitamins

I grew up in quite a "natural" home.

If you recall THIS post, then you know that I had kidney cancer (Wilm's Tumor) when I was two, and that I was "naturally" cured from it.  My parents went completely against the grain, refused chemotherapy and radiation, and put me on a strict vitamin-nutrition program.  There were naysayers a-plenty, and even some who turned my parents into CPS, but, nonetheless, my parents stood their ground and did what they knew to be the right thing.  And, what do you know---I'm still cancer-free 29 years later!!!

If you've been a follower of my blog for awhile, then, you will also know that I have been seriously and prayerfully researching vaccines.  I have learned and found out SO MUCH, that, it has been absolutely life-changing.  So, if you hadn't already figured it out, we have decided to STOP vaccinating our kids.  We are thrilled and 100% confident with our decision.  I know deep down in my gut----in my heart of hearts----that this is the right decision.  Again, as I have always said, YOU have to educate yourself and make the decision that is right for your family.

With that said, I am going to try to start posting, periodically, about different ways of natural living.  There are thousands and thousands of different ways to live naturally, and I am not a professional "natural liver," but, maybe there a few things you can take away from these posts.

So, to start this off, since vitamins have been a huge part of my life, I thought I'd post about 5 vitamins/supplements that we give to our kiddos everyday.  This is, in no way medical or professional advice, so please don't take it as such!  This is information that I have taken from hours and hours of research and through my own experiences.  So, besides a good, nutritious diet, appropriate amount of sleep, and lots and lots of love, here's the five things we're giving to our kids, everyday:

1.  A good, PURE, age-appropriate Children's Multi-Vitamim.  We use Shaklee's Incredivites for Ava and Luke:



And, since Anna is 6 months, now, we use Shaklee's Vita-Lea Infant Mix:



2.  DHA/EPA Supplements.  We use Nordic Naturals EPA and EFA:



3.  A Probiotic.  We use Udo's Choice:


We give this to all three kids, 1/2 tsp, once a day.


4.  Chewable digestive Enzyme.  We're using Vitabase:



5.  Vitamin D3 Depending on what Multivitamin you use, you might not need to add more D3.  Currently, we're using the Nature Made brand Chewable D3:



I didn't write about each, individual vitamin and all of its benefits, because, if you are considering any of these vitamins, then I am sure that you will do your own research and find out all the amazing benefits from each of them.  Education is key!!

I know some may balk at vitamins, because they are expensive, and, yes, they are not cheap.  Point blank---they will cost you some money.  BUT, the benefits FAR OUTWEIGH the cost.  If this is important to you, work the cost of vitamins into your budget and MAKE IT WORK!!

3 comments:

  1. Well, if you're not a "natural liver" maybe you're a
    "natural spleen." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you should DEFINITELY take your act on the road!!!! You crack me up, Sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always struggled when you were young to buy the natural vitamins; the synthetic kinds were much cheaper! But we did what we could and don't regret putting our money into them.
    Excellent write-up, Sarah, and a good plug for good ol' Shaklee! (going there today).

    ReplyDelete