Monday, April 12, 2010

So Beautiful



Welcome to another Monday, everyone!!  We had such a beautiful weekend.  There was really nothing planned, nothing to do, nothing to attend.....we just had a beautiful time together, as a family.  The weather was beautiful, the laughter and fun was beautiful------it was just so.  beautiful.  Great, great family weekend.  These are the beautiful weekends I live for.



Now, it's time for another week and another Menu Plan!  Here goes:

Monday:  Homemade Pesto and Chicken Calzones, Green Salad, Fruit (Carry-over from last week.  I ran out of flour!!)

TuesdayBaked Teriyaki Chicken Thighs, White Rice, Veggies

Wednesday:  Slow Cooker Roast, Cheesy Ranch Potato Bake, Creamed Corn

ThursdayTaco Sloppy Joes, Homemade Oven Fries, Smoothies

Friday:  Homemade Mac and Cheese, Smoked Kielbasa, Green Beans

I know you see our Homemade Mac and Cheese A LOT on my Menu Plans, so, I thought I'd give you guys the recipe.  In my opinion, it is absolutely THE BEST and easiest Mac and Cheese around.  I.  LOVE.  IT.  I grew up with my mom making it, and I've carried on the tradition.  DELISH!

Mac and Cheese Recipe:


Cook 2 cups macaroni, per package directions


Mix with:  2 cups cottage cheese


1 cup sour cream


1 egg


3/4 teaspoon salt


dash of pepper


8 ounces of shredded cheese (2 cups)


Pour into a 9x9 pan.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.


It's that easy, folks!!  And, it freezes extremely well!!!


For more menu planning inspiration, don't forget to check out Organizing Junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment