Friday, September 11, 2009

Faithful Friday

P1010156

I received an email from my mom this morning.  An email that sent tears streaming down my face.

Isn't it amazing how God knows exactly what you need at the EXACT right time???!!

Before going into that, though,  the preface is that I had a pretty stressful and rough night with Anna.......it took hours to get her back down after her first wake up, she cried more than she ever has, and after trying everything......nothing was working.   I was in tears, because I was just so exhausted, but on top of that, I was upset that she was upset!  Finally, around 4am, after two hours, she finally gave in and fell asleep.  But, not for long.  It has continued like that all morning, and to go along with that, I have two other very cranky and non-obeying kids.  To say it's been rough for the past 9 hours would be an understatement.  When it rains, it pours, huh?!

Knowing that Mark will not be home until late tonight, (he's doing some work on our other home after he gets off work), and that he will be leaving bright and early tomorrow morning to play a round of golf, I suddenly got very panicked, stressed and discouraged.   Knowing the night I had last night, and what today has already been like,  I had that feeling, of.......How can I make it through??

I don't mean to write these things to get pity from anyone, or for anyone to feel sorry for me.  Period.  I am simply writing my thoughts, feelings and emotions, because I know thousands of moms feel exactly the same way I do from time to time.  This job of being a Mom is so wonderful, fun, rewarding and absolutely amazing.....I love my kiddos and love being a Stay-at-home Mom, but, as any parent knows, especially parents of newborns and young children......there are times that it can be TOUGH!!  The toughest job there is!

Hence.......my mom's email.  What a blessing and encouragement this was to me at the most opportune time!!  I wanted to share it with you.  This is from James Dobson.  If you don't know who he is, please Google him!!

He said in a film series, "Turn Your Heart Toward Home," that the day was coming soon when the bicycle tires would be flat, the skateboard would be warped and standing in the garage, the swing set would be still, and the beds would not be slept in.  I (Dr. Dobson) know those times will soon be here, and I realize it has to be so.  I accept it.  I wouldn't for anything try to hold back our children when it comes time to go.  But that will also be a very sad day, because the precious experience of parenting will have ended for me.



...we are just "passing through," as the gospel songwriters used to say.  All of life boils down to a series of happy "hellos" and sad "goodbyes."  Nothing is really permanent, not even the relationships that blossom in a healthy home.  In time, we must release our grip on everything we hold dear.  King David said it best,  "As for man, his days are as grass:  as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.  For the wind passeth over it and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more (Ps. 103:15-16). "







...what an incredibly important scriptural concept this is.  If we really grasped the numbering of our days, we would surely be motivated to invest ourselves in eternal values.







...addressing myself now to the mothers and fathers of young children, I urge you to keep this eternal perspective in view as you race through the days of your lives.  Don't permit yourselves to become discouraged with the responsibilities of parenting.  Yes, it is an exhausting and difficult assignment, and there are times when you will feel like throwing in the towel.  But I beg you to stay the course!  Get on your knees before the Lord and ask for His strength and wisdom.  Finish the job to which He has called you!  There is no more important task in living...in the blink of an eye, you will be hugging your children good-bye and returning to an empty house.  That is the way the system works.







...may God grant you grace and wisdom during your remaining years of parenting...our families are worth everything we invest in them.



May this encourage all you parents out there.........

No comments:

Post a Comment