- Pack your lunch in them. I pack Mark's lunch in a plastic grocery bag every day. It's, obviously, not the sexiest form of lunch bag, but it does the job! He often brings them home, too, so that I can re-re-use them!
- Use them as trash bags. Every Monday I empty all the trash cans in the house, and instead of using big, 'ol garbage bags, I just grab a couple plastic grocery bags and empty all the trash into them. You could also have a plastic grocery bag already in your can and when it's full, just lift it out!
- Poo-Poo bags. Ah, yes, we all love picking up after our pets, don't we?! Ok, not. But, instead of buying some fancy-shmancy bags to pick up your pets' #2, just grab a plastic grocery bag!
- And speaking of poo..... You can also use them in your child/baby's room for all the diaper rubbish. Just tie your plastic bag to the knob of the dresser and toss them in. Side note: This won't keep the stink at bay, so you'll want to change the bag frequently!
- Planter Fillers. If you are planting a flower that is not deep enough for your pot, add a few plastic bags to the bottom as filler and pile your dirt on top. This is much more frugal than filling it completely with potting soil, and, since plastic bags are much less heftier, you can carry the planters around with much more ease. (Be sure not to cover the drainage hole!)
- Shoe Protectors. Fashionable, no, but tying plastic bags around your shoes just might help aid in tracking in unwanted "stuff."
- Wet Umbrella Holders. Stash one in your purse, and on those rainy, icky days, you can pull it out and store your wet umbrella in it.
- And speaking of rain...How about using a plastic bag as a make-shift rain hat!
- Packing Material. Instead of those pesky little styrofoam peanuts, just throw in some plastic bags.
- Vacation Bags. These are so handy stashed in your suitcase and can be used to store dirty clothes, wet clothes, toiletries, etc.
- In your car. Stashing a few in your glove box can help with almost any sort of mess disposal.
52 New Recipes | a bacon-y burger
1 hour ago