Sunday, October 18, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

It was a great, busy weekend!  Lots of things got done around the house!  Mark and I re-organized EVERY, SINGLE cupboard and drawer in the entire kitchen and pantry!!  It wasn't outrageously out of control, but we haven't re-organized them, fully, for quite awhile, so, it was delightful......once it was all done!!  :-)  Oh, how lovely and organized it is!!  We also did quite a bit of cleaning and organizing in the basement, and I organized three of our freezers, and we're defrosting the fourth. Yay!

We also had some great family time together!!  We did quite a bit of shopping and errand running on Saturday---grocery shopping, Goodwill, and costume-hunting for Luke.  (Ava already has hers.)  We had a great time looking and trying costumes on Luke, it was pretty hilarious!!  We finally found one----A Monkey!!  (Luke likes to think he'll be Curious George!)  He's sooooo excited to wear it!

Ava and Mark picked lots more apples in the yard and Ava helped me make, probably, my best pie, to date!  My pie-making skills still have a long way to go, but, it was pretty delicious and my homemade crust was pretty great, too!   I also made apple-cinnamon muffins, and more applesauce!

After dinner this evening, we took a family walk together and the kids had so much fun picking up sticks and looking at all the different kinds of leaves on the ground........just seeing their wonder and amazement and joy, was so special;  so beautiful.  Being together as a family, no matter what we're doing is......so special.

(I also have to give big "props" to our sweet Anna.....she's just a content, happy, lovely little lady.  She is still sleeping 7-8 hours straight every night, and sometimes more!!  She smiles constantly, is cooing and squealing, and is almost reaching out for toys!  We are just so blessed to have this little miss in our lives.)

So, now on to a crazy, busy, busy week!!  I don't even want to look at the calendar, because I don't want to be too overwhelmed!!  Whew!  I'll take it one day at a time......

So, here's what I have planned for our busy week:

Monday:  Lasagna (already made....Thanks, Martha!!!), green salad, homemade wheat bread

Tuesday:  THIS Cream Cheese Potato Soup (I made it today and it's DELICIOUS!!!), Buttery Rolls

Wednesday:   Tuna Noodle casserole, roasted carrots, buttermilk biscuits

Thursday:  Dinner with Martha!

Friday:  Meatloaf (from my freezer stash), baked potatoes, and green beans

Here's to another great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment