Monday, November 2, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

I'm in awe of how quickly the weekends pass.  I'm also in awe of the fact that it's NOVEMBER!!  I honestly don't know how that's possible!  Time is truly flying by and I want it to SLOW DOWN!!

It was a great, busy weekend.......A few highlights:  1.  Ava attended her first "classmate" birthday party on Friday morning.  It was a darling little birthday party and Ava did so well!  They were even generous enough to include Luke in on all the festivities!  They both enjoyed themselves immensely.  2.  Halloween was a fun, exciting day for all.  There's a downtown trick-or-treating event, here, on the Island for all the kids, so we attended that for the second year.  They got tons of loot and had so much fun!  (So did Mom and Dad!!)  We then had dinner at my In-laws that evening.  It was a fun day!  I'll try to post a few pictures soon.  3.  Yesterday we took a drive and just enjoyed our time together as a family.  We did some "sightseeing" around the area and threw in  some errands here and there.  We ended the night doing a "baking" project:  Rice Krispies Treats.

The kids had a pretty hard time with the time-change, and I have a feeling they won't get used to it for a little while.  Luke was up at about 4:30 Sunday morning and Ava wasn't far behind him.......I really don't feel like we gained an hour at all!!!

This week I am going to try, TRY, to start potty-training Luke.  He seems very interested, sits on the potty all the time, and talks about it all the time, so I thought this week would be good, given that we don't have much else planned.  I hear that potty-training a boy is a little bit different, and sometimes more difficult.....so.......here's to a good, hefty try!!

Well, here we are at Monday, again, so here's what I have planned:

Monday--Honey Baked Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Fried Cabbage

Tuesday--Homemade Minestrone Soup, Buttery Rolls, Apple slices

Wednesday--Pot Roast with carrots, onions, and potatoes, served with Roasted Butternut Squash

Thursday--Crockpot Stew (using leftover Pot Roast), French Bread Rolls


Friday--Bourban Street Chicken, Sticky Rice, Veggies (carry-over from last week)

For more menu planning ideas, check out I'm An Organizing Junkie!!

Have a blessed week!!

1 comment: