Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cooking Day 2--Intermission

Days with a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a newborn usually never pan out the way we think they're going to, so, as time has gone by, I've learned to adjust!!  :-)


With that being said, I haven't accomplished quite as much as I wanted to......but, again.....that's OK.  My first priority is my kids---they come first.  Being that today has been a little more "challenging" with the kids, I've changed up my game plan a little.  But, first, I'll let you in on what I've done today:

I realized that THIS was on my Menu Plan for tonight, so I started soaking the lentils last night, and got that into the Crockpot first thing this morning:

(A little sloppily, I might add.)


This is when I decided to change up my game plan a little.  I realized that I had about 2 1/2 cups left of Lentils, so I wanted to find another recipe for them.  I came across THIS recipe and decided to make it:




  • Spicy Lentil Soup---CHECK!


(It doesn't look quite as appetizing in this picture, but it smells and tastes deeeeelicious!)


Then, because I still have OODLES of Bananas left, I decided to make 2 more loaves of Banana Bread, and this time, I added a can of Pumpkin and some Cinnamon, Allspice and Nutmeg.




  • 2 Loaves of Banana/Pumpkin Bread---CHECK!


(Yep, they got a tiny bit dark......I was nursing Anna upstairs and totally forgot about them!!  Just keepin' it real, folks.)


And, lastly, the kids loved helping me make another batch of World's Easiest Christmas Candy, or as we lovingly refer to it:  'Poor Man's Almond Roca.'  I've been making this for years and we LOVE it!!


Here's A and L laying out the Saltine Crackers:





  • 1 Batch of World's Easiest Christmas Candy---CHECK!




Soooooo, I think I've decided to skip the homemade Bisquick for today--(I found a brand new box of it in the cupboard!), and for the rest of the day, I'll try to get to:

  • 2 pans of Meatloaf

  • 1 more batch of  'Almond Roca'

  • 1 Batch of Moist Pumpkin Spice Muffins


We'll see how this goes........

No comments:

Post a Comment