Thursday, December 3, 2009

Freezer Cooking Day 2---Finished!

"We did it, we did it, we did it......Hooray!!"  (Sung the way Dora sings it on Dora the Explorer!!)

My list is completed!!!  It might not have been a super hefty list to begin with, but it sure feels GREAT to have my freezers stocked full, and some Christmas goodies made!!

After the 'Intermission,' I put the kiddos down for a nap......Anna was the only one who didn't quite want to do it!  But, I did have a good hour by myself to clean up and start on the Meatloaves.  Then, after that, Anna was my cutie kitchen helper!

Here's what I accomplished this afternoon:

  • 2 pans of Meatloaf---CHECK!


In the past, I would have baked them, let them cool, wrap them and put them in the freezer, already baked, but I didn't think they tasted as fresh and good.  So, I wrapped them up, unbaked, and will bake them when I pull them out.

  • Last batch of World's Easiest Christmas Candy---CHECK!


I tried to be spontaneous with this batch, and I used White and Milk Chocolate chips on top......yikes!  I forgot that White Chocolate Chips are a little different, and they don't melt well or SPREAD well!  So, this batch didn't turn out as pretty, but it tastes gooooooood!

  • Moist Pumpkin Spice Muffins---CHECK!




If you are looking for a yummy, moist, delicious muffin----this one's for you!!!

So, here's the fruits of my labor today:

  • 2 loaves of Banana/Pumpkin Bread

  • Spicy Lentil Soup

  • Moist Pumpkin Spice Muffins

  • 2 Batches of 'Almond Roca'

  • 2 pans of Meatloaf


This 2-day Freezer Cooking spree was a really great experience!!  It was fun for me, fun for the kids to get involved--they love helping me in the kitchen, and it's a JOY to have a full freezer!!  I have a feeling I may just try to keep this up!  Thanks for joining me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment