Here are some tips for you, on what to do with your leftovers from Thanksgiving/Christmas!!! Part of being frugal is using your leftovers to their FULL capacity!! There are oodles of things you can do, but, here are a few ideas for you:
1. Open-faced Hot Turkey Sandwiches----My mom used to make these for us after Thanksgiving--so simple and so good! It's simply a slice of buttered bread, cut in half. Scoop on some mashed potatoes and smother it with Gravy, (Put pieces of chopped up Turkey in the gravy), and enjoy!
2. Shepherd's Pie----My mom has made this one, too! There are many versions of this, so you can really do it with whatever you have on hand after you big Holiday meal, but here's the idea: Layer one on top of the other: Chopped up pieces of Turkey, stuffing, gravy, Cranberry Sauce, Green Bean Casserole and finish it up with Mashed potatoes on top. Bake until it's bubbly!
3. Turkey Pot Pie----Use pie crust on the bottom, turkey chunks, Cream of Chicken Soup, and mixed veggies pressed in. Use a pie crust or mashed potatoes on top! (Thanks, Amy S.W.!)
4. Turkey Enchiladas----You can do it casserole-style, layered instead of individually rolled. (Thanks, Amy S.W.!) I also came across this recipe for Chicken Enchiladas that sounds YUMMY! Just replace chicken with Turkey! HERE
5. It's always a great idea to make your own Broth, or Turkey Soup! There are numerous recipes out there if you don't have one of your own.
6. Turkey Tetrazzini---There are many, many versions of this dish. Just Google it and find one that suits your tastes!
7. Turkey Lasagna---Whip up your favorite Lasagna recipe and add cubed Turkey.
8. Potato Cakes---Shape your leftover Mashed Potatoes into patties and fry them up for Breakfast.
9. Turkey Mac and Cheese---If your kids are like mine, they LOVE a good 'ol helping of boxed Mac and Cheese! Have you ever added Tuna or Chili to it? How about adding a little leftover Turkey!
10. Freeze it!---Many, if not all, these meals above will freeze beautifully! Or, if you're not in the mood to make a meal, simply dice up your Turkey and freeze it by the 2 cupfuls in zip top bags. It'll be ready to use when you need it!