Monday, December 14, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Welcome back to another Monday, folks!!

Just 11 days until Christmas!!  This is such a magical, warm and lovely time of year!!!  Love it!!

It was another busy weekend in our household.......I was up at 4am on Saturday morning to work my 5:45-2:45 shift---Whew!!  It was craziness!!  Loved it though, it made the day go by veeeeerrrrrry quickly!!

Right after that, Mark met me at the mall with the kids and we got Ava's 4 year pictures taken and Anna's "newborn" pictures taken.  (I know.....she's 3 months old!!!!  We're a little behind.)  The kids did WONDERFULLY; No crying, no pouting, nothing.  Just all smiles!!  We ordered some great shots!

Then, we wanted to get their picture taken with Santa!!  We weren't quite sure how that was going to turn out.....they were infatuated looking at him, but when we asked them if they wanted to sit on his lap, they shook their heads very vigorously; NO!!!  BUT, the more they saw Santa with other kids and knew that all three of them were going to sit on his lap together---they were IN!!  I wish I would have taken a picture with my camera phone, because it is just about the cutest picture!!  All of them are "all smiles" and sitting so sweetly on Santa's lap.  After we were done, Luke said, "Mommy, Santa's a really good guy.....he's a good neighbor!!"

Since I don't have the Santa picture to show you, take a look at this cute one of my trio I took the other day.  It's rare that all are looking at the camera at the same time!!!  :-)



We did tons of shopping Saturday night and had dinner at Red Robin.  I was sooooo proud of the kids--they were GREAT!!!  Yesterday was one of our "cookie-baking-extravaganzas!!"  It's been so fun baking, sprinkling, mixing, cutting and EATING some yummy goodies!!  I have quite a bit more baking/cooking to do, but this was a great, fun start!!

Menu planning comes in especially handy during this time of year!  It's easy to get caught up in all the hub-bub and throw your planning out the window, but keep it up!  You'll thank yourself later!!  :-)

This week is pretty simple for us:

Monday:  Tuna Noodle Casserole (freezer), Salad, Buttermilk biscuits

Tuesday:  Pork Chops, Baked Potatoes, Peas

Wednesday:  Spicy Lentil Soup (freezer), Pumpkin Rolls (freezer)

Thursday:  Homemade Lasagna, French Bread, Salad

Friday:  Eat out

Here's to another great week!!!

For more menu planning inspiration, check out I'm An Organizing Junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment