Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Meal Plan (Tuesday!)

I've been slacking on the Meal-planning for the past few weeks.......I don't have a great excuse, other than, we've been busy (but who isn't?!), my "fun" leg issues have been slowing me down a bit, along with the pregnancy.....maybe de-motivating me slightly.  But, I know I have to get back on track!!  I wanted to post a Meal Plan Monday, every Monday, to get people inspired to plan their meals, to have some links to recipes, and post some of my own recipes, but, again, I've been slacking!!  But, I'm going to try to get back on it!  So, since yesterday was a Holiday and we got home in the evening, I didn't have much time to come up with the plan, so here's 'Meal Plan Tuesday!'

By the way, since we were on mini-vacation over the weekend, we went over budget in the DINING OUT category.  But, because I was way under in the GROCERY category, I still haven't gone over in the grand scheme of things!!  But, it only leaves me $45 for Groceries this week!!  We're pretty wiped out of all of our "perishables", fruit, veggies, etc, because I wanted to get them all eaten up before we left, so $45 might be a challenge, but I'm up for it!!  Think I can do it????  I'll for sure let you know!!

Ok, so here's my Meal Plan for the week:  (I apologize:  I'm still having "issues" with the LINK function, so if you want to see the recipe for the Teriyaki Chicken, you can copy and paste it.  Sorry!  I'll get it figured out one of these days!!!!)

Tuesday:  Teriyaki  Chicken: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Teriyaki-Chicken/Detail.aspx,  a mix of brown and white rice, and stir-fry veggies

Wednesday:  For my B-Day dinner, my mom is bringing up her homemade Lasagna and I'll be providing the Salad and Bread.  She's also making one of her AMAZING pies for dessert!  MY FAVE!!

Thursday:  Mexican Beef Pie, Cheese Quesedillas, Fruit Salad

Here's the recipe for Mexican Beef Pie:

Brown 1 lb ground beef

Add 2 Tablespoons of taco seasoning and simmer for about 5 minutes

Drain.

Add Beef to the bottom of a casserole dish

Sprinkle 1 Cup grated cheese on top of meat

Blend 1 Cup Bisquik, 1 1/2 Cups Milk and 3 Eggs.

Pour over.

Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees

Friday:  Homemade Pizza

Saturday:  Leftover Feast!!

Pretty simple this week!!  Hope your Meal Plan for the week is a success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment