Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Take your list.......AND CHECK IT TWICE!

TIP #2:

I've talked about making a list before you go shopping, as a great money-saving tool, but as I was talking with my mom this afternoon, she brought to my attention another GREAT tip about your grocery list:  CROSS OFF THE THINGS THAT YOU PUT IN YOUR CART!  My mom goes shopping with my dear Grandma, and I guess there have been a few times my Grandma will say she is done, and has everything that's on her list, only to learn, (once they're home!), that she didn't get everything on the list!!  Why????  Because she didn't mark things off as she went.

This may sound like a no-brainer to some of you, but ALWAYS bring a pen with you and cross things off as you go!!   This is a sure-fire way that you will get everything on your list!  This is truly money-saving, because if you have to make ANOTHER trip back to the store for something you forgot, there goes more money (gas, etc) and not to mention, TIME, down the drain.

Also, if you frequent your grocery store enough, you probably have a pretty good idea of the layout of the store, and you probably take the same pathway around the store, each time you shop.  If that's the case, another great tip is to make your list according to the path you take in the store, ie:  if you always start in the produce section, list all the produce together first, then if you go to meat next, list all the meat you are planning on buying, then on to the next, etc.  You're almost ensured never to forget an item!!

No comments:

Post a Comment