Thursday, May 28, 2009

Meat.

cheeseburgerLGMmmmmmmm.......I don't think anything looks as tasty to me, right now, as a McDonald's cheeseburger.  At this point in the pregnancy, I'm craving........meat........meat...........and MORE meat..........and boy do these cheeseburgers HIT THE SPOT!!  I've always loved them, but right now I am REALLY loving them!!  I literally just wolfed one down in about 10 seconds.  Amazing what a little life inside can do to a woman!! Can't seem to get enough!

And, speaking of........ meat............SAFEWAY has Ground Beef on sale for $1.47/lb!!!!  I think that is the best deal on ground beef I have seen in a LONG time!!!  As I mentioned in my last post, I was close to hitting our planned budget for groceries, and I was going to try to stay below $45 on this weeks' shopping trip, and I DID IT!!  I spent $38.95.  Safeway doesn't have many great coupon match-ups this week, but there were a few good deals, along with the MEAT.  My freezer is chalk full of ground beef, but I couldn't help but buy more!!!  I'm even tempted to go back, but.......NO, SARAH, have some CONTROL!!!!  :-)

In my meat-eating quest, I have also looked up a few recipes that you might enjoy making with your plethera of ground beef!  Here are some links to recipes you might like!!  (AGAIN, I can't get the 'LINK function to work!!  ARGH!  You can copy and paste.)

1-Dish Taco Bake:  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/1-Dish-Taco-Bake/Detail.aspx

Army SOS Creamed Ground Beef:  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Army-SOS-Creamed-Ground-Beef/Detail.aspx

Sweet and Sour Meatballs:  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-and-Sour-Meatballs/Detail.aspx

And, here is a recipe for, what I believe, is THE BEST Meatloaf you will ever have!!!  It was handed down to me by my Mom, (not sure where she got it??), and I make it all the time.  It is sooooo tasty!!

Ingredients:

2 pounds Ground Beef

1 1/2 cups Cracker Crumbs

3 Eggs

1/2 cup chopped Onion

2 tsp Salt

1/2 tsp of all:  Pepper, Dry Mustard, Celery Salt and Garlic Salt

1 T Worchestrshire Sauce

1/2-1 Cup Milk

Blend all the above until well mixed.  Put in a loaf pan and cook for about 1 hour at 350 degrees.

(I'm also thinking of doubling this recipe and making mini-meatloaves in muffin tins and freezing them for future meals!)

DELICIOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment