Once you're finished with your sour cream, yogurt, and cottage cheese containers, what do you do with them??
For Tip Tuesday, I thought I'd share some ideas of what I do with them, and some ideas that I've heard about, but I'd love to learn more and hear your great ideas!! Please feel free to share!!
Here are some things that I like to do with these containers:
1. The obvious: Recycle them
2. I use them as leftover containers. I don't feel bad writing in permanent marker on these guys, so I often will put leftovers in these containers, write on the side what is in it, and that way, as soon as I open the refrigerator door, I know exactly what is in the container.
3. I like to poke holes in the lid of the containers, fill them with water, and let the kids use them as their "watering cans." They love to follow me around and water the plants as I do the same thing!
4. They're great storage for homemade Play dough--keeps it nice and fresh!
5. Use them as storage for little things, ie: buttons, paper clips, sorting beads, etc, and the kids can play with them as sorting cups, too!
6. Sandbox or tub play. They work great as scoopers!
7. Use them as paint cups.
8. Why not try starting seeds, or having the kids start a plant in these containers? Make sure you poke a hole in the bottom!
9. Cover the outside and/or let the kids decorate paper and cover the outside. Use it as a container to give away home-baked goods, candy, etc.
10. Make Plastic yogurt container drums! Go HERE to find out how.
I am a wife, a stay-at-home mom of three, and a frugal gal at heart. My family lives on an island in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, and is living and thriving on one income in a two-income world. God has been so good and so faithful to us.