Sunday, June 14, 2009

Preparing for Baby-Freezer Stash

So, in all of my nesting ways, I have decided to put together a pretty extensive list of foods that I would like to get made, and in the freezer, in preparation for Baby Girl.  Oh, how nice it will be, to know that I have a few months of food stocked in the freezer, that I can pull out and prepare for my family in MUCH less time than making it by scratch that same day.  I have never had the privilege of recovery from pregnancy, having a newborn, and having 2 toddlers running around, so the more I can prepare NOW, the better!!  I have about 6-8 weeks before baby arrives, so if I'm organized and plan everything out, I'm hoping it can be done!!

For those interested, here is my "list-in-the-making."  I have added links to some recipes, and the others are my own.  If you'd like them, just let me know.  I'd be happy to share them with you!

I will update this list, periodically, as I make progress!!

***MAIN DISHES***

Macaroni and Cheese (Quadruple Batch!  This is our favorite Mac and Cheese recipe!! We eat it all the time!)

Lasagna (Double)

Brown Bag Burritos (Double.  These will also be great for Mark to grab and take to work for his lunches)

Tamale Pie (Double)

Meatloaf (Triple batch, and I'll be making mini-loaves, as well, in muffin tins.)

Farmhouse Chicken (Double Batch)

Enchiladas (Both Beef and Chicken)

Chili (Double)

Spaghetti Sauce (Double Batch) DONE!

Pizza Dough (I'll make a quadruple batch, and then just freeze it out in four portions.  I pull it out and thaw it in the morning.  It tastes just as great as making it the same day!!)

***BREADS***

Raspberry Cream Muffins (Triple batch....our VERY favorite muffins!!)

Wheat Bread (Six Loaves)

Rhubarb Muffins

***BREAKFASTS***

Pancakes (Quadruple Batch)

Amish Baked Oatmeal


Whole Wheat Waffles


I'm also hoping to make a few more batches of THIS Rhubarb Berry Jam to use up my abundance of Rhubarb, too!

That's what I have planned, so far.  This might be waaaaay more than I can handle, and if so, I have no problem scaling it down.  I thought I'd start out with this list, though, and we'll see how far I get!!  Today, I'm already doing 2 loaves of the wheat bread and will then move onto a batch of the Raspberry Cream Muffins.

If you have any great recipes that you think I should add to my list, let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment